Sunday, August 14, 2011

When in the West

I was trying to choose just the good pictures from our trip out west. I got it down to 99... lol.
So, here is our trip to Phoenix/Las Vegas/St. George/Grand Canyon/Wupatki/Sierra Vista/Bisbee.

This first slide show is some of the sights in Arizona including the Grand Canyon and its lookout tower, the forest by Jacob's Lake, the Vermilion Cliffs, a forest of Joshua trees, which was followed by a forest of Saguaro cactus, which was followed by a forest of blooming Yucca. I kept saying "Look kids!" and by the end of the trip I think they were starting to get why I think Arizona is so cool.











This next slide show has selected pictures from Wupatki National Monument and Sunset Crater. I have wanted to go there for years, and I am so glad I got the chance. The ruins are incredible, the volcano is beautiful, the lava flows are startling, and you get a peek at what this area once was thousands of years ago.









This next slide show is Bisbee. Some of these photos won't mean much to people outside my family, but it was a great experience to go back with my kids and make them climb the stairs climbed when I was not much older than they are. There is still something magical about that little arts and mining town full of secret passageways and twisting stairs.







I've saved the best for last. Here are the pictures of the kids, my beautiful and very pregnant sister, her husband, and I, and of my Daddy, whom I love oh so much.








No comments:

Post a Comment