Every year the school has what they call a Fairy Tale Ball. It isn't a ball, there is no ballroom dancing, but every year it has a different fantasy theme. This year they had to pick a fairy tale in a movie. Jordan's class did "The Little Mermaid" and Jordan played an octopus. These pictures are not very good, but I was a long way away and she was dancing the whole time.



Jordan was born to be on stage, singing and dancing are in her blood, she was the most expressive one up there.
James' class did Jack and the Beanstalk. I had no idea before the performance that him being "Jack" meant he was the lead. I thought all the guys were being Jack, or that so many tales were being represented they ran out of princes so it was either Jack or Hansel. Nope, my son was the lead. He had all of his lines memorised, which meant he ACTED (and played with the script) while everyone else read. I was so proud of him!
Luckily when he came home and said he needed to be Jack (three days before) I was able to whip up a costume. I may stink at a lot of things, but my kids DO get great costumes. My mother-in-law was across the room from me and heard many people commenting on his costume, and apparently his teachers loved it too. I'm just glad he had suspenders in his drawer!





Jordan was born to be on stage, singing and dancing are in her blood, she was the most expressive one up there.
James' class did Jack and the Beanstalk. I had no idea before the performance that him being "Jack" meant he was the lead. I thought all the guys were being Jack, or that so many tales were being represented they ran out of princes so it was either Jack or Hansel. Nope, my son was the lead. He had all of his lines memorised, which meant he ACTED (and played with the script) while everyone else read. I was so proud of him!
Luckily when he came home and said he needed to be Jack (three days before) I was able to whip up a costume. I may stink at a lot of things, but my kids DO get great costumes. My mother-in-law was across the room from me and heard many people commenting on his costume, and apparently his teachers loved it too. I'm just glad he had suspenders in his drawer!



Talitha did not get to participate in the ball this year, it's only up to 2nd grade. I'm going to try and hunt up the pics from previous years.
I can't imagine where Jordan and James get their acting blood...certainly not from their Northern Climes grandmother. Nah, can't be her, can it? Hmm. Maybe we ARE a part of the infamous Booth family?
ReplyDeleteHow old does one have to be to become a Thespian? Seems like a couple of kidlets here have a good start on it!
Yay, J and J! Keep up the great work!